Firstly, Happy New Year! Got back from a nice, long vacation, spent with family, last night.
Bob Martin, an artist I admire and who has helped me find my “painting” feet, often, in these past two years, had tagged me to list 5 little known facts about myself, then to “tag” five other artists to do the same.
Because of the vacation, I’ve taken a lot longer than intended to put them down. Here are my five.
1. In Grade 3, I was selected for the Inter-House Elocution Competition. I suspect only because of my loud voice. When it was my turn and I saw a hall full of people looking at me expectantly, I went blank and ran off the stage!
2. On average, I spend 7-10 hrs a day surfing the net or on other computer related activities.
3. My first exposure to a Mac was when I worked with Apple (96-99). 10 years later, I’m still crazy about Macs. If Apple introduces a Tablet PC, I’m willing to wait in line outside the store to get one. Something I haven’t wanted to do for the iPod or the iPhone.
4. The craze for gadgets has been replaced by an equally strong one for art supplies.
5. Would love to learn to sing! My family is a bit wary of that ambition as I’m sort of tone deaf.
I’m sorry but I’m going to be a meme buster 😦 Instead of tagging 5 more artists there is a list of 5 non-art sites that I frequent excluding Gmail, Flickr, Facebook, Youtube or my blogs though that’s where I spend my day! 😛
I did not realise until yesterday just how tough this task would be! Discovered that in addition to Mail and social sites, I surf with a narrow focus on art and related information!! Here are two new links that I hope will help me with my resolutions in 2008.
5. Zen Habits
Wish me luck!