This morning I was determined to use my acrylic paints. Took some reference photos that I had collected over a period of time from flickr and finally settled on one from one of my favorites on Flickr Sanzen.
This is just the first round. I will be putting up my progress in this post over the next week, when hopefully, I will finish it.
Update: 9/5 – I've had another go at it today. Tried to increase the size of the head and have the face bending forward. I can see some of the changes that need to be made to ground the subject. I'm not very happy with the color that I used for the background. I have quite a way to go before reaching the stage of tackling the problem that i was hoping to address with this exercise – that of drapery and folds and shadows and such like 😛
Search by Tags: acrylic, sanzen, flickr, photo+reference, ujwala, maya